Saturday, February 2, 2019

Some Posts About OUYA

Originally posted December 16th 2013

Streaming Sword Art Online through my OUYA at the moment. For what it is, this is a really good device. Can it do as much as my PS3? No. Is it less than 1/3 the price I paid for the PS3? Yes. For all the people saying it sucks, you just don't understand it. It's a super budget game console that focuses on indi games. It's more than just emulators. Are the apps lacking, yes. The only good streaming app they have at the moment is crunchyroll. Oh well, I like anime, and crunchyroll doesn't require a subscription like hulu plus or netflix, or for me to buy episodes individually like amazon.

Originally posted December 18th, 2013

Well I just side loaded the amazon app store on my OUYA. This way I can get a bunch of apps from amazon that aren't on OUYA. The hulu plus app crashes every time I try to launch it, so that one's dead. The cartoon network app works well, except that the live streaming doesn't seem to work. Oh well, I can watch episodes and clips no problem. The netflix app seems to work, unfortunately I don't use netflix so I don't know if that works. I like this side loading app thing. The OUYA is really cool guys. If you like computers and design and stuff, you might want to get an OUYA. Whereas other consoles will say "opening your device will void your warranty," OUYA says on initial boot-up, "we encourage you to open up your OUYA and install whatever you want to on your OUYA. This will not void your warranty."

Originally posted December 19th, 2013

Anyone who is considering getting a Roku streaming box or some other streaming box, I recommend getting a OUYA. You can load the major apps like netflix, hulu plus, crackle, crunchyroll, and just about any other video app through side loading, and then it doubles as a game "console" with the wide variety of indi games available. Why compare to Roku, because it's only about $20 more for all the versatility. Plus, side loading is kind of fun if you like computers and are interested in how things work.

(FYI, I don't really recommend it anymore over the Roku, but it's still pretty neat)


No comments:

Post a Comment